Reach your resolutions this New Year by vowing to cook more at home. Today I’m sharing a quick weeknight recipe I created for the Farm to Family by Butterball ground turkey products. It’s packed with lean protein and veggies for a great weeknight meal that I love as leftovers too.
Quick Weeknight Turkey & Rice Alfredo
– 1 package Farm to Family by Butterball Ground Turkey
– 2 cups cooked brown rice
– 8 oz jarred lite Alfredo sauce
– 1 small white onion, diced
– 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 2 teaspoon corn oil
– 1 bag frozen spinach, heated and liquid drained
– 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
– ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
– Heat 1 tsp corn oil over medium heat. Add Farm to Family by Butterball ground turkey and cook until no longer pink and on internal temperature of 165.
– Remove from pan and set cooked turkey aside.
– In the same pan add remaining 1 teaspoon of corn oil and add onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant about 5 minutes.
– Lower heat to low.
– Return cooked ground turkey to pan with onion and garlic mixture.
– Add drained spinach to pan. Stir to combine.
– Add cooked rice and ALfredo sauce. Stir to combine.
– Heat 10 minutes or until warm.
– Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
You can also see more of my New Year Nutrition Tips from my appearance on ABC Tampa Bay’s Morning Blend.
New Year Nutrition Tips